Pastry / Bakery Chef – SANT.PASTRY
Katikies is a stunning collection of seven authentic Greek properties located on the islands of Mykonos and Santorini. Their unique, magical spirit was inspired by the rush of feelings that the islands awaken in the heart of every traveler. Enduring, quintessential getaway destinations, these islands are brimming with romance, poetry, and singular experiences. Katikies provides emotions and memories that remain vivid long after the holiday ends, and its exclusive world is a tribute to the beauty of nature and humanity’s ability to bring out its full potential.
- Works in the designated station as set by Head Chef,
- Always possess a Can-Do attitude and work ethic at all Hotel’s areas and acts as an ambassador of Katikies Group,
- Manages all day-to-day operations of the pastry and bakery section of the kitchen,
- Prepares a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes,
- Makes sure that ordering is always correct and keep control of ingredients on stock under the supervision of the Head Chef,
- Able to produce all baked goods including but not limited to artisan breads and rolls, muffins, laminated Danish, laminated croissants and doughnuts etc,
- Able to develop, design, or create new ideas and items for Pastry Kitchen,
- Creates new and exciting desserts to renew hotels menus and engage the interest of Guests.
- Ensures excellent quality throughout the dessert offerings.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Decorates pastries and desserts using different types of icings, toppings etc. and ensures the food presentation will be well presented and exciting.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met,
- Checks quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking,
- Reports all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known health & safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to supervisor immediately,
- Must possess a positive attitude and can work with a variety of people and in cooperation with co-workers efficiently and effectively,
- Able to recognize superior quality products, presentations, and flavors,
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions,
- Maintains cleanliness and organization in all work areas,
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members,
- Ensures compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards,
- Maintains a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards,
- Ensures Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met,
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in a similar position,
- Previous experience in a 5* Luxury Hotel is desirable,
- Ability to read/follow recipes and instructions provided for execution,
- Good hygiene knowledge and HACCP Standards,
- Ability to work fast and with accuracy,
- Give emphasis on precision,
- High level of energy and ability to work under pressure,
- Advanced organizational and interpersonal skills,
- Excellent command of English language.
- Competitive compensation package based on qualifications and experience,
- Accommodation at fully equipped apartments,
- Daily meals,
- Pleasant working environment,
- Supportive management,
- Training and career development,
- Excellent opportunities for career progression.
Should you wish to be a member of our team, please send us your CV along with the respective job code of interest and a photo of yourself at [email protected]
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.