Head Chef – SANT.H.CH
Katikies is a stunning collection of seven authentic Greek properties located on the islands of Mykonos and Santorini. Their unique, magical spirit was inspired by the rush of feelings that the islands awaken in the heart of every traveler. Enduring, quintessential getaway destinations, these islands are brimming with romance, poetry, and singular experiences. Katikies provides emotions and memories that remain vivid long after the holiday ends, and its exclusive world is a tribute to the beauty of nature and humanity’s ability to bring out its full potential.
- Display exceptional leadership by securing a positive work environment, counselling employees as appropriate and demonstrating a professional approach to the management,
- Provide instructions for day-to-day operation of culinary,
- Provides guidance and directions to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring this performance,
- Training / development of culinary employees to be able to meet and even exceed, food preparation standards,
- Understand employee’s responsibilities well enough, to perform duties in employees' absence or/and determine appropriate replacement to fill in gaps,
- Create menu and follow up on food cost assigned to each recipe during operation,
- Prepare & follow up on recipes execution,
- Elaborate around different ways of constantly improving cuisine,
- Ensure compliance with food handling and sanitation standards,
- Ensure all culinary employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications,
- Ensure proper grooming and hygiene standards to all culinary employees,
- Follow up on proper handling and right temperature of all food products,
- Frequently check on quality and presentation of dishes served to guests,
- Ensure all equipment in the kitchen is properly maintained and working in accordance with hotel standards,
- Ensure proper purchasing, receiving and food storage standards in the kitchen,
- Ensure the execution of all safety procedures dedicated to the culinary team,
- Attend daily morning meetings and any other session required,
- Monitor food cost & prepare reports in collaboration with culinary and F&B team members,
- Able to perform additional duties as requested by the hotel management, when required,
- Ensure disciplinary procedures and relevant documentation are completed (when required), according to the hotel SOPs.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in a similar position,
- Previous experience in a 5* Luxury Hotel is desirable,
- Ability to read/follow recipes and instructions provided for execution,
- Good hygiene knowledge and HACCP Standards,
- Ability to work fast and with accuracy,
- Give emphasis on precision,
- High level of energy and ability to work under pressure,
- Advanced organizational and interpersonal skills,
- Excellent command of English language.
- Competitive compensation package based on qualifications and experience,
- Accommodation at fully equipped apartments,
- Daily meals,
- Pleasant working environment,
- Supportive management,
- Training and career development,
- Excellent opportunities for career progression.
Should you wish to be a member of our team, please send us your CV along with the respective job code and a photo of yourself at [email protected]
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.